Moulded (curved) glass of JSC “RGC" is produced by the newest equipment, providing bending of large format glass. Vast engineering capabilities of the company allow producing curved triplex, curved insulating glass units, with the application of any graphic image that provides unlimited possibilities of application in facade and interior glazing. Any architectural solutions are feasible with the capabilities of the Russian Glass Company.
Curved glass - polished glass heated up to a softening temperature and bent by using metal mould according to the given radius.
All the glass, which has passed the moulding process in JSC “RGC" is tempered and is considered to be a safety glass.
Bent double glazing for windows
Glazing of facades
Facing loggias, balconies
Glazing of lifts and escalators
Single curved glass
Curved glass with application with enamel
Curved glass with digital printing
Curved glass with screen printing
Laminated curved tempered glass
Laminated curved glass with enamel
Laminated curved silk-screen printed glass
Laminated curved glass with digital printing
Curved tempered insulating glass unit
Curved insulating glass unit with enamel
Curved insulating glass unit with silk-screen printed
Curved insulating glass unit with digital printing
type of glass
minimum bending radius
1000 х 1000 mm
2440 х 4500 mm
The glass is gradually heated to a temperature of 600ºC in a special furnace. In a softened state, the glass under action of gravity is formed around the concave die, located horizontally inside the furnace and it takes a predetermined geometrical shape and bending radius. When the moulding process is completed, the curved glass is cooled by cold air under pressure. As a result, the curved glass is tempered and gains strength.
When ordering one should submit three groups of information
1. Product description (type of glass (trademark), glass thickness, type of edging)
For a curved laminated glass one should describe the type of glass, the orientation of the coating (if any) thickness of each glass and in- between glass layers of PVB film.
2. The height of the cylinder (H) generating line
3. The curve is defined by 2 of the following parameters:
D = effective length; C = chord length; F = deflection; R = radius of curvature; α = central angle.
Preferably, the arc length point along the concave plane and the radius of curvature. By default, all the parameters are calculated always from the inside (concave surface). For complicated products the customer must provide the workpiece drawing with cutouts, holes in the overall dimensions of the inner arc length.
When bending glass with a magnetron sputtering, the deposition is on the concave side of the article. When bending emalita enamel will be on the concave side of the product.
1. Incoming inspection of materials and components
2. The curved tempered glass of JSC “RGC" production is manufactured in accordance with STO 94610236-004 “Safety glass tempered”
3. Tempered glass of JSC “RGC" production is manufactured in accordance with GOST R 54162-2010, which is confirmed by certificates of compliance and test protocols for manufactured products.
4. The tempered glass produced by the JSC “RGC" complies with the international standards EN -12150:2000, EN 14179:2001, DIN 1249.
5. The possibility of conducting a Heat Soak Test in order to reduce significantly the probability of spontaneous destruction of the tempered glass.
Manufacturing of curved tempered glass in large format
The possibility of moulding low-emissivity coated glass
High optical and mechanical characteristics, conforming to GOSTs, european and world standards